Skip to content
- 2 tblsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tblsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 orange, juiced
- In large pot, melt butter and soften onions over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Stir in fresh ginger.
- Remove from heat and puree soup with an immersion blender or puree in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Add orange juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.