Skip to content
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed, washed and pated dry
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated romano cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In bowl of food processor , using chopping blade, add basil, garlic and walnuts and chop.
- Add stream of olive oil while running until blended.
- Turn off and add romano cheese, turn on processor to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape pesto out of bowl, if not using immediately cover with saran wrap directly on top of pesto to prevent discoloration.
- If freezing, place in quart size freezer ziploc bag, squeeze out air and seal.
- Bring to room temperature when ready to use.