Skip to content
- 1 lb. rotini or short cut pasta
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes (Roma,Grape whatever available)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tblsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbslp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons plus ¼ more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese chopped into bit size pieces
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente to package directions, drain.
- Reserve one cup of pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes, salt and balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil and black pepper; add pasta to tomato mixture and heat through to combine.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl or large platter.
- Top with cheese and more basil before serving.