Skip to content
- 1 lb. Linguini
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ cup oil cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbls. capers
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 tbls. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbls. dried oregano
- Chopped Italian flat leaf parsley and fresh basil for garnish
- Bring pot of water to boil, add salt and add linguini.
- Meanwhile in large skillet, over medium heat, warm 3 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic, onions and anchovies until garlic is golden.
- Break up tomatoes with hands and add to skillet along with juices, allow to warm through over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add red wine, olives, red pepper, capers and oregano.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes and thicken.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce and combine thoroughly.
- Place pasta on serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley and basil.
- Serve and enjoy.