Skip to content
- One thawed turkey, no more than 14 lbs.
- Creole Butter marinade and Injector (available at Youngstown Propane).
- Seasoning for Turkey (spice rub, salt and pepper, your choice).
- Remove gizzards and neck and rinse turkey thoroughly inside cavity and out.
- Cut off any loose skin and wings with kitchen shears.
- Dry turkey with paper towels, inside and out removing any excess moisture.
- Take injector filled with marinade and inject 3 separate areas in turkey breast, in 3 different directions into breast meat and under skin for a total of 9 injections per breast.
- Inject each turkey leg in 2 different areas with marinade.
- Allow to marinate overnight or at least an hour before frying.
- Spread rub over turkey skin or season with salt and pepper.
- Place fryer on level area on grass or soil, oil splatters will stain concrete. Do not fry on a wood deck. Make sure area is open and well ventilated.
- Fill fryer with oil to marked area in fryer, fill with peanut oil, canola oil or vegetable oil.
- Heat to 350 degrees.
- Using heat resistant gloves, place turkey in basket and lower slowly into oil. Turkey will splatter.
- Cover with lid and monitor temperature, raise propane if needed to maintain 350 degrees.
- Allow 3 minutes per pound cooking time.
- When done, use meat thermometer make sure internal temperature of turkey is 175-180 degrees.
- Cover with foil and allow turkey to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.