Skip to content
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. Spicy, Cajun Seasoning
- 3-4 green tomatoes sliced ¼ - ½ inch slices
- Peanut Oil
- Beat together egg and buttermilk in shallow bowl, set aside.
- Sprinkle sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper before preparing.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, pepper and spicy seasoning on plate, place flour on separate plate.
- Dredge tomato slices in flour, dip in egg mixture and press into cornmeal mixture.
- Cook in heated peanut oil, 2 minutes each side and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with lime wedges or remoulade sauce. Enjoy!