Skip to content
- 1 salmon filet (about 1 – 1½ lbs.)
- 2 tblsp.honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp canola oil
- Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mix together honey, vinegar, whiskey, thyme, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salmon and marinate 1 hour on the counter, or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a broiling rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes, basting once with the marinade or until golden. For a carmelized crust on the salmon, place under broiler on high for a few minutes.