Skip to content
- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups water, chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli – thinly sliced
- 6 radishes – halved and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped fine – white and green parts
- ½ cup basil leaves cut into ribbons
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- ¼ cup lovage chopped fine
- 1 chunk parmesan cheese
- Dressing for salad
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse farro under cold water in colander and drain excess water.
- Place farro in saucepan with 3 cups of stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer cook for 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Drain any extra liquid and allow to cool. Place in large bowl.
- Thinly slice broccoli stalk and chop broccoli crowns into small pieces, add to bowl. Add chopped radishes, lovage, basil and parsley.
- Chop parmesan into small pieces and add to bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad, toss well.