Skip to content
- 1 lb. of rigatoni mezza, orecchiette or farfalle pasta
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 lemon thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1-2 tblsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet melt 4 tblsp. of butter over medium heat and add lemon slices, cook until softened, 5 minutes or so and lemons are browned in spots.
- Remove 2 cups of pasta water before draining pasta.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water and juice from the lemon to lemon slices and butter and add a tblsp. of butter at a time to thicken sauce until the half stick of butter is gone.
- Place drained pasta to lemon sauce and stir thoroughly add parmesan cheese a tblsp. at a time, if sauce seems thick add a ¼ cup of pasta water to loosen, add more as needed.
- Once cheese, lemon sauce and pasta have come together place in serving bowl and top with chopped sage and generous amount of fresh ground pepper.
- Serve and pass cheese at table.