Skip to content
- 1 lobster tail thawed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 tblsp. unsalted butter, divided use
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 shallot chopped fine
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup grated Reggiano Parmesan
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided use
- 1 lemon halved seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rice in strainer over medium saucepan pour chicken stock and water over rice into the pan, set rice aside and bring stock to a boil.
- Add lobster tail and cook for 8-10 minutes until shell curls and meat turns opaque white.
- Remove from stock and place on cutting board to allow to cool. Return stock to simmer.
- In large skillet melt 3 tblsp. of butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and shallot cook until softened about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- Add wine and stir until wine is evaporated.
- Add ladle of warmed stock and stir until absorbed by rice. Continue adding stock one ladle at a time and stirring until all stock is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add Parmesan, half of the parsley and remaining butter, stir to combine, salt and pepper to taste. Place risotto in serving bowl.
- Cut tail from shell, chop into ½ in chunks. Scatter lobster over risotto with remaining parsley and finish by squeezing lemon halves over dish.