Skip to content
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup shelled pistachios chopped
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together for 4-5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Add pistachios and mix further.
- Remove dough from bowl and paddle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 – line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take ½ tablespoon of dough and roll into balls, place on sheet 2 inches apart.
- Flatten into discs with fingers and bake 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and move to rack. Will keep in airtight container for a week.