Skip to content
- 1-1½ lb. hot or sweet bulk sausage
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tblsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 large onion diced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place sausage in large wide skillet.
- Over medium high heat cook sausage, breaking up large chunks. When sausage is cooked, and edges crispy remove sausage from pan.
- Place rice in strainer and pour stock through into saucepan.
- Heat stock and bring to low simmer.
- In large skillet melt the butter, add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook until well coated, about 7 minutes. Keep heat at medium and add wine to skillet, stir until absorbed.
- Lower heat and begin adding warm broth, a ladle at a time. Stir constantly and wait until stock is absorbed before adding another ladle.
- After all the stock is absorbed remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese.
- Add sausage back into rice and stir until combined.
- Squeeze lemon over risotto.
- Plate risotto and garnish with parsley. Pass grated parmesan at table.