Skip to content
- 8 cups (2 cartons) low sodium chicken stock
- 5 cups baked pumpkin chunks (small pie pumpkin)
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme chopped
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tblsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- chopped cilantro and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Place chicken stock, pumpkin, onion, thyme, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in large pot, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use immersion blender and puree soup until smooth.
- Continue to simmer soup for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in half and half.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds as garnish.