Skip to content
- 1 lb. long pasta noodle
- 5 tblsp. unsalted butter
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 10-12 medium sized tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Fresh chopped herbs for garnish choose 1 or 2 (parsley, lovage, basil, thyme, tarragon, chives)
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add salt and pasta, cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and anchovies. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir frequently until tomatoes have softened and have broken down in their juices about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water, cook over medium heat and mix until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Add chopped herbs and serve.