Skip to content
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup brewed coffee or water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tblsp. chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place dry ingredients in mixing bowl whisk until combined, removing any lumps.
- Add coffee/water to bowl along with oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- Stir or whisk until batter is smooth.
- Add to prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until inserted toothpick has a few crumbs. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.