Skip to content
- 2 lbs. Meatloaf Mix
- 1 ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 9 oz. Spinach leaves
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 carrots cut lengthwise boiled until softened (about 7 minutes)
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- ¼ lb. semi soft cheese sliced (Jarlsberg, Bel Paes, Gouda, Gorgonzola)
- Herbs (Basil, Rosemary, Thyme)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- In large bowl, combine meatloaf mix, eggs, bread crumbs, Romano cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix gently with hands, cover and refrigerate.
- In skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add shallots, cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, remove from heat.
- Combine ¼ cup bread crumbs and ¼ cup flour and heavily dust work surface.
- Pat meat mixture into rectangle about 7 inches wide and 16 inches long, ½ inch thick.
- Lay spinach mixture in middle leaving about an inch on all sides.
- Next layer carrots, then sundried tomatoes, then layer of cheese.
- Starting with the long side, roll tightly into compact log, keep stuffing ingredients inside and seal at bottom.
- Dust outside with remaining bread crumbs and flour.
- Place 2 cups of water in broiler pan with herbs, place loaf on broiler pan rack and bake 1 hour, until internal temperature of 160.
- Let meat rest 5 – 10 min.
- Slice into 1 inch slices and serve.