Skip to content
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked in tomato sauce
- 5 meatballs – baked without sauce
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach or 12 oz. fresh spinach, steamed, drained and chopped
- ¾ cup romano cheese
- 2 eggs to moisten ingredients
- 3-4 cups all purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1 Tbs. olive oil for each egg
- Filling: Dice chicken breasts, meatballs and spinach. Mix all ingredients to a paste consistency.
- Dough: Mix ingredients in bowl until moist and sticky. Knead by hand.
- Cover dough and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice a section of dough and run through widest part of pasta machine.
- Keep unused dough covered with moist cloth.
- As dough is run through machine, fold three times and run through machine.
- Fold three more times and run through machine on thinnest width.
- Place dough over ravioli mold and put a small amount of filling in each mold.
- Wet edges of each ravioli to seal and help top layer adhere to bottom layer.
- Place unused rolled dough on top of filled ravioli and roll out with wooden rolling pin.
- Use rolling pin to cut through assembled ravioli and remove each piece from mold, making sure each ravioli is separated.
- Place ravioli on cookie sheet.
- Poke holes with fork in each ravioli and freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes. (If ravioli is not pierced, they will explode while boiling.)
- Use leftover dough to make additional ravioli, being careful dough does not dry out.
- Drop frozen ravioli into boiling water.
- Stir to separate and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain well, serve with favorite sauce.