Skip to content
- 1 lb. tube pasta, penne, mezzi rigatoni, etc.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, approximately 1 pound, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups lager beer
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- Grated Romano cheese to taste
- Bring water to boil, add salt and pasta.
- While pasta cooks, in large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add eggplant and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir frequently until eggplant softens, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes cook for a few minutes, add beer and rosemary, raise heat and reduce liquid by half.
- Add fresh spinach and cook until wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Set aside until sauce is finished.
- Add drained pasta to skillet, combine. If sauce seems dry add pasta water ¼ cup at a time.
- Add ¼ cup cheese if desired.
- Transfer to serving platter or bowl, sprinkle with more cheese before serving.