Skip to content
- 3-4 Poblano Peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs. Hot Italian Sausage
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies or
- 1 jar of favorite salsa
- Queso Fresco Cheese or Shredded Taco Blend Cheese
- Pre heat oven to 375
- Cook rice and set aside and allow to cool.
- In skillet cook onion with butter or oil until softened and set aside.
- Remove stem peppers, cut in half length wise and remove seeds.
- In bowl mix sausage, rice, egg, onion and bread crumbs until combined.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread diced tomatoes or salsa evenly in pan.
- Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture and evenly distribute.
- Place stuffed peppers over tomato mixture and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove foil and crumble queso fresco cheese over each pepper, return to oven for 30 more minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!