Skip to content
- 3 lbs cubed lamb shoulder or beef, whichever you prefer.
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 parsnips peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip peeled and diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme combined into a bundle
- 12 oz. Guinness Stout
- 1 quart beef stock
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the meat with salt and brown in Canola Oil in a large stock pot.
- Remove from pot and sprinkle with flour, shake off excess.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery to pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add Guinness and deglaze pan.
- Add potatoes, parsnips, turnips and browned meat to pot.
- Add enough beef stock to just cover.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
- Stir occasionally